The Bookmakers Favourites and Underdogs to Win the 2018 World Cup
The 2018 World Cup is just around the corner with anticipation rising not just with fans but the Whole Wide World! Everlasting memories will be formed but will your team win?
If you want to compare the best bookmakers and odds for the Russia World Cup 2018, https://footballworldcup.info/ has all of the information in one place. Russia being chosen as the hosts has been surrounded in controversy, even more so as it gets closer, but that doesn’t look set to stop the stadiums filling up to see teams like Brazil and France battle it out to life the trophy.
The Bookies Favourites to Lift the 2018 World Cup
Bookies have been speculating on the teams that may walk away with a victory since the group stages were announced. With Germany being the previous winner and beating Argentina in extra time in the 2014 World Cup they are naturally in the list of favourites, followed by Brazil and Spain.
- Germany – Although Germany had limited success in the few World Cup tournaments before it – 2014 was their year. In a tense final against Argentina they managed to score the winning goal in extra time sending them 1-0 up. After stellar performances in the group rounds and the knock-out stages they became a serious contender and went on to win.
- Brazil – Brazil are a team that are never going to be left out of any World Cup winners lineup. Previous failures will be forgotten under new manager Tite and the team don’t look set to let the trophy slip as easily as they did in the last tournament. Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Casemiro, Philippe Coutinho and Paulinho are all word class players that will be working hard towards putting the past behind them and walking away the winners once again.
- Spain – Spain are a very hit and miss contender – doing incredibly well some years and crashing out in the group stages in others. With a strong defeat of Italy under their belt the new generation of players will be eager to prove their worth and put Spain’s previous rough periods behind them.
Underdogs to Win the 2018 World Cup
Every World Cup competition has underdogs who rise through the ranks during the competition and shock everyone with how well they perform. 2018 has got a great group of outsiders who look like they could do really well in the competition.
- Saudi Arabia – This is the first cup in 12 years for the Middle Eastern team and they have been steaming ahead in lesser-known tournaments under the tutorage of Argentinian manager Edgardo Bauza. Although they have only ever played in 5 World Cup’s in the past – FIFA’s bid to promote football in Asia and the Middle East has seen the Saudi’s invest a lot more time and effort into their team this time around than they have previously. With the odds so badly against them if they do win you could be in for a massive payday.
- Egypt – Egypt enjoys the title of being the first African team the ever qualify for the World Cup. In the latest African Cup of Nations, Egypt finished second – so even though this is their first World Cup in 27 years the team are in good form and in high spirits.
- Iceland – This is Iceland’s first ever World Cup and they haven’t exactly been quiet about the fact it means the world to them. Although they do not have previous form – could sheer enthusiasm make them one of the tournaments true underdogs?
The Bookmakers Favourites for the Golden Ball Award
No World Cup is complete without speculation on who is going to win the Golden Ball award. Competition is tough and with previous winners like Lionel Messi there is a lot to live up to.
- Harry Kane – Despite the fact England do not look like they have much chance of winning the tournament, someone in the team could still end up with a trophy. Harry Kane has turned heads in league football recently so bookies have given him very generous odds on winning the Golden Ball award.
- Neymar – It’s no surprise that Neymar is in the running for the Golden Ball award considering he plays in the team who are one of the 3 favourites to win. If his form in his new role at PSG is anything to go by he is a serious contender.
- Lionel Messi – Lionel Messi is such an iconic player he doesn’t really need an explanation to go along with his odds for the Golden Ball award. The firm favourite – if he plays as well as he did in the previous tournament he looks very likely to take away the award.
Offers will be coming thick and fast as the World Cup Approaches, you can already find a 1xbet promotion for the World Cup which gives punters a chance to win a Bentley, no less.
One of the fastest growing bookmakers 1XBET are offering very early odds at competitive prices across a wide range of markets -bets on the outcome, correct score, HT-FT, total goals, the number of sendings-off, on goalscorers and many more.They boast the most profitable LIVE bets on football with live streams and high odds.
- Match Of The Day – Place A Bet And Get Free Spins!
- World Cup 2018 – Make a prediction and win a car
Discover the superb sports betting platform that is 10bet, with a huge selection of live betting markets. Extensive coverage of live betting odds on the Premier League including Asian Handicap and Over/-Under bets with Live Streaming also available for the Complete In-Play Experience
- Cash Out & Partial Cash Out
- ACCA JACKER – Win up to 60% in Extra Cash – T&C’s Apply
- Live Free Bet Club – LIVE Free Bet Every Week upto £10
Netbet provides Football Betting and the latest Football Odds with Cash Out, ACCA Boost and In-play features.
- 1st Goalscorer Refund -Place a bet of no less than £5 on the First Goalscorer market and get a refund up to £25 if your selection scores the second goal – T&Cs apply
- Golden Goal – Predict the outcome of a set of fixtures for your chance to win £30,000 per week – T&Cs apply
- ACCA Boost – Upto an extra 50% on your winnings
- £10 Free Bet – Place your first mobile bet and receive a £10 Free bet as a reward